Kindle Forum, Kindle Social Network

Kindle Your Social Life --- We're Making Reading Cool Again

Kindle DX out for $489. Large screen Kindle DX for textbooks

Update: Kindle DX is available now for pre-order at Amazon for $489. Cover for the DX ships separately for $49.
Main features -
1) 9.7" screen.
2) Auto-Rotate.
3) PDF Support.

They say they have 60% of textbooks available and 3 of the major publishers signed up. 5 universities are running a trial program. 3 newspapers are running a trial in the summer and also will be offering cheaper Kindle DX in return for a subscription.

It just says it'll ship in the summer - no date given. Amazon is locking up customers by allowing early preorders.
Original Version:
A lot of newspapers (150+) are writing about invites sent out for a news conference at Pace University on wed at 10 am in NYC.
A large screen kindle 3 is the likely suspect.
A lot of newspapers are already talking about how it's probably for newspapers. NYTimes said that there are already partnerships with several newspapers (though they wouldn't disclose if they were involved).

No news yet at the Kindle Store.
Some good information at ZDNet who believe Kindle 3 will be targeted at textbooks and not newspapers.

Tags: 3, edition, kindle, textbook

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well.... since I have 1.0 already, I think I'm going to have to hold out for a flexible, color touch-screen. I know it's out there... it just has to get to us.
:( Im not sure they need a K3 yet, seems like the K2 just came out

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Spread the Word about Your Book

Reach 47,000 Kindle Owners with your Book

Free Kindle Books!

Subscribe for Free Daily Emails that list 30 to 50 free kindle books every day. Hand-curated.

You're writing the story - join and build the best place to share a love of books.

© 2014   Created by abhi.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Web Statistics