Kindle Forum, Kindle Social Network

Kindle Your Social Life --- We're Making Reading Cool Again

I am currently reading the Magician by Michael Scott, it is young adult and a series.
Its okay... but not something I can't put down. It is to easy to put down and forget about.
I also started watching true blood on HBO, so I looked into the books that the show is based on. I am currently on Book 6 in the series and love it!

tell us what your reading and if you have any recommendations....

Views: 35

Replies to This Discussion

In fantasy, I've just finished Brisingr (Christopher Paolini), and an checking out a sample of a book recommended to me, A Game of Thrones, haven't gotten too far into it yet, but I'm liking it so far.
Since I just signed up to take classes (university) to complete my bachelor's degree, I've been pretty busy with school-work. Half-way through the first of about 10 classes needed! Once that's out of the way I'll have a lot more time for reading for pleasure!
I am going to have to check some of those out. i Have brisingr, just haven't started it yet. Also i just got Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke. It is a really great series!

http://www.amazon.com/Inkdeath-Inkheart-Cornelia-Funke/dp/0439866286

Good luck Mary with school! :)
Thanks, I'm needing it! My latest assignment involves doing a power point presentation. It would be going a lot smoother if I'd used power point before!! Fortunately, I've figured out the basics. It won't be a polished professional presentation, but I think the material in it is more important than the polish!

I did get the George RR Martin book that was recommended, I downloaded a sample, and by the time i finished the sample, I was hooked! ordered up the book to finish!

I've also recently read the first three books in the Hythrun Chronicles by Jennifer Fallon. I go those in paperback from the local bookstore. I think the rest will have to be on my Kindle!
I just finished the Brisngr Inheritance books by Christoper Paolini, and now I'm reading The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman.
The Golden Compass is an interesting book. I got it for Christmas a year ago. After I saw the movie, I knew there was a lot going on that wasn't in the movie, the book I got has all three novels in the series. Reading them, I can understand why some of the fundamentalist Christian groups were in such a tizzy. (But to my way of thinking, it's a novel, fiction, and meant for entertainment not enlightenment.) In any case, I did enjoy reading them, and will likely re-read them at some point. ( maybe when my Kindle hasn't got such a grip on me!)
I personally am hooked on A Song of Ice and Fire series of books by George R.R Martin. His books are simply awesome. In all honesty, his books have probably raised the bar for "good" fantasy impossibly high. The series, if your one of the few who haven't heard of it, it has everything in it that you possibly think of. From enuchs to dwarfs, to knights to evil princes, and of course it has dragons. Be warned, however, these books are not for the light hearted. It does have gratutious violence, and incest, and rape, but if you don't mind these things in books, then these books are definitely worth checking out.
Great books, rereading them on the kindle, almost finished the first book. Easily the best fantasy series I've ever read and I recommend it to anyone who likes wit, swords, and plot twists!
the sookie stackhouse novels are really fun stuff- and the hbo version is smoking hot. i love them both!
currently reading: night world by lj smith ( i found this collection standing in line at wal-mart buying fishing poles ) so far it seems regular teen supernatural stuff, but i am only a few pages into it.
also reading gargantua and pantagruel, by francois rabelais- which i found in the clearance section at b&n. i am only a few pages into this one,also.
The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks is very good, just finished the third book now I am looking for something new.
I have read all of the Sookie Stakehouse books they are great and the show is just amazing....i just wish that "Bubba" could make an apperence =[
megan,the books are addictive,the hbo series is my weekly adventure into pure,unadulterated fantasy.
bitten and not caring,
~t
okay pantagruel & gargantu is painful...i may be able to finish a chapter-.

RSS

Spread the Word about Your Book

Reach 47,000 Kindle Owners with your Book

Free Kindle Books!

Subscribe for Free Daily Emails that list 30 to 50 free kindle books every day. Hand-curated.

You're writing the story - join and build the best place to share a love of books.

© 2014   Created by abhi.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Web Statistics